Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas Invites



Everything on this card was created with the Christmas Cartridge. The card itself was 5.5" x 5" green cardstock base. Red cardstock trim at 5.25" x 4.75". White cardstock slightly smaller and cuttled with the swiss dots folder. The tree itself was cut at 5" and embossed with a floral sizzix folder. Used the irock to set the gems to make them look kind of like lights or ornaments on a tree. The tricycle was cut at 2.5" the present at 1.5" and the bear at 1.5" --- Times that by 15 and you got just enough to invite the family over for Christmas. :)

Every year we rent a local grange and have our extended family get together for a Ukranian Traditional Christmas. This means so much to my cousins and I. The older generation has passed the torch on to us so to speak. So we all get assigned a traditional dish and try to make it like they used to. Lets just say that we haven't quite mastered them yet so last year was QUITE entertaining. But that is what makes the memories. And our elders are there to tell us what we did incorrectly and to make suggestions for a better dish next time.

Let me tell you - after last weekends experiment with the pyrohy - I will take any advice or time saving tips I can get. That was hell! But I do feel a sense of accomplishment for having done it. Please say a prayer that I actually pinched the dough so it stays together!

11 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time at your family gathering... I love the embossing on the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your invites turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love love this card. It turned out great.
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend's family is Ukranian, and his Mom is very traditional!! How funny. I love this invite - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your invites came out darling!!! I hope you enjoyed yourself tremendously with family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute invites! I'm looking for inspiration for my invites and this is going on the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. recipes please, lol

    the invites are so nice. love all the details. Happy Thanksgiving my friend and have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next year WE are going to do it together! I will bring the "beverages!" The invites are beautiful and your family is so lucky to have you! See you in 5 days! I only have 17 more to wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete