Thursday, August 5, 2010

House From "Handy Man"

We have new neighbors. They've been busy, we've been busy. So besides a couple glimpses across the fence and a wave here or there, we've not met. Today I changed that. Not sure if they think I am the biggest dork on the planet or not, but I made a little paper house and filled it with some starbursts. Inside I put our names and our telephone number along with a "welcome to the neighborhood greeting" and left it with their oldest son. He has to be about 16, so the look he gave me was priceless. Some old hag coming to the door with a paperhouse and starbursts... It seemed like a cute idea at the time! LOL!

Anyways, this is the quick little house that I made using the Handy Man Lite Cartridge. I used the "fit to page" feature so it cut out at 7". I was in a hurry so I didn't bling it up. But it served its purpose. It was a cute way to give them our contact information in case they needed anything or had an issue with our dogs. So, without further ado...


7 comments:

  1. Very cute! The more stuff I see made from this cart, the more convinced I am that I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I agree about wanting this cart more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet idea! I bet by the time the parents get it, it will only have your note inside! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is too cute! What a thoughtful thing to do! There are not enough people in this world that do those types of things! I would've loved to have gotten such a sweet gesture! And I agree with Double Click, I bet the candies didn't last long! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think your a dork...I that is awesome!! I have lived in my place 2 years and don't even know my neighbor's name. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!!! I am almost wanting this cart now!! LOL. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comment about the son's reaction is priceless. Teenagers don't appreciate much of anything. *LOL* I'm sure the parents will think it's sweet :)

    ReplyDelete