Friday, January 21, 2011

Be You



5.5" x 4" base card
5.25" x 3.75" cardstock base from the Green Stack (Just left over scraps.)
3.25" Owl from Give a Hoot on Page 28 (Pieces cut from random scraps.)
"Be You" stamp was from a set I got at a garage sale. No clue on the manufacturer.

The owl drives me a bit nutty. Why? Because I purposely pulled out random papers and made it into the owl. I didn't coordinate on purpose - That can drive anyone a little crazy. Why would I subject myself to this horror? Well... The card is for a teenage girl who is struggling to just be herself. She seems to be afraid of her own skin and hasn't had a chance to "wise up" yet. So, I gave her a little pep talk the other day and encouraged her to be herself. Because that's the person we love. She's special just the way she is. That speech... So I thought this was a good follow up on our conversation. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I think she will love the card... When I first looked at it, I thought, huh... but after I read why you did what you did, I thought it was great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she will love the card too!!! It might have driven you a bit nuts in the making, but it's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really thoughtful! I'm sure she will enjoy! Ahhh.... remember those days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it --very unique and pretty.

    i am sure it is going to make her feel better. this is very nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, as well as the sentiment, "be you!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's fabulous and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such an awesome gift for making cards from scraps! And the mis-match...Ugh...what I would give to have your talent! This is very, very cute!

    ReplyDelete